1. Only charge what you have the funds available to pay off before interest accrues.
2. A separate card just for your wedding is helpful for tracking expenditures.
3. Choose a card with either unlimited cash back or miles that you can use.
4. Using a card gives you additional buyer protections that you don’t have when using cash or check.
5. Be a little more wary of vendors who do not accept credit cards. As vendors, many of us hate paying the fees to accept a charge but I don’t think any reputable vendor should refuse to accept a card.
6. If a vendor doesn’t want to accept a card, or tries to discourage it, ask for a cash discount…I won’t give you one but many vendors will.