1. Holidays. Holidays can seem like great times to do a wedding but keep in mind guests may have other plans. Also, some venues charge more on special calendar days. Typically the amount of guests who will attend changes downward the bigger the holiday is.
2. Sporting Events. Everyone in Wisconsin knows you don’t plan a wedding on a Packer Sunday, or even the Saturday before, when the Packers are at Lambeau, if you want to find hotel rooms and good prices in the Green Bay area.
3. Conventions. A large convention can take up hotel space and/or increase costs. A wedding during EAA week in Oshkosh Wisconsin will cost far more than other weeks that summer.
4. Sundays. Sunday weddings should occur later in the day to accommodate church goers and typically the celebration should end earlier in the evening.
5. Weekdays. Hopefully most of your guests have jobs…if planning a weekday wedding, after 6pm is usually best.
6. Cost. Looking to save money? Then a week day or Sunday wedding might be best.
7. Other family members or close friend’s wedding date. While it might seem neat to get married on the same day mom and dad did…maybe you want to run it past them to see how they feel about it.
When you get ready to pick your venue, have 2 or 3 dates in mind that you have checked against the above list.