1. Maximum capacity and the type of tables they use to accomplish that…round or banquet?
2. Do they have catering, a list of preferred caterers or can you self-cater?
3. Is linen rental included in the price…if so what kind and/or how much is specialty linen rental?
4. What are all the extra fees….cleaning charges, surcharges for preferred vendors, late charges, extra time charges, set-up charges, cake cutting, etc…these can add up quickly.
5. What is the payment schedule?
6. What can you do for decorating…hang from walls, hang from ceilings, etc?
7. What is the tasting charge if you are using their catering?
8. Is there an added fee if you are not a city or county resident…primarily park venues?
9. How far ahead can you book and is there a waiting list or lottery…primarily park venues?
10. Are you able to get in early to set up?
11. Liquor requirements..if you bring your own do you need licensed bartenders?
12. Parking…often people forget about parking…some smaller venues it might be necessary to park on the street in metered parking.
Too often couples go into a venue meeting not really knowing what to ask, they get overwhelmed with the presentation they receive and they really don’t know what they are signing. Use your first trip to gather info so you can need to make an informed decision.